7.12.06

Remembering Wasted Time



During the 90s I spent many nights listening to my friend Quentin spin records in the basement apartment we shared in Kitsilano. He'd play "quit smoking" aid records over downtempo instrumentals and lounge tracks. It could get quite busy sounding at times but he was just screwing around. I almost regret not having turntables of my own. Almost.

Instead i lay out on the couch reading lame DJ Magazines filled with photos of sweaty drug addled Brits looking to lose some brain cells. Don't get me wrong. There seemed to be nothing else to do in Kitsilano.
This DJ mix is from one such magazine.


Check out DJ Magazines Mr Scruff Mix

*Dedicated to my birthday boy brother, Geoff

3 comments:

Q said...

Ya, that Dr. Theopolis was one swell guy.
Speaking of which, anyone seen Buck Rogers on Space channnel lately? good sci-fi cheese.

Q said...

Oh yeah, and Happy Birthday Geoff!!

Chilibean said...

ah q,
you're djing tastes are not to be messed with. as for buck, i have seen it and erin grey is some otherworldly hot.