10.12.06

My Back Is Killing Me


I spent the day recording with my bandmates and i think i put my back out of wack. Who would have thought playing bass could be so taxing? Last year i suffered some serious nerve damage to my back that put me off work for a week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this isn't another repeat of the pain.

I came across Imitation Electric Piano a few months ago while reading up on Stereolab. The band was founded by Stereolab bassist Simon Johns as a new creative outlet. It still has a lot of that Stereolab flavour but with a more twee arrangement. Singer Mary Hampton pushes the sound into a folk space Stereolab could never achieve.

And now off to sleep on the floor...

Check out Come Into Force by Imitation Electric Piano
Visit Imitation Electric Piano's myspace page

No comments: