6.4.07

Bunnymen Double Double


Echo and the Bunnymen are still my favourite rock band of the eighties. Anyone who came into contact with me between grades 10, 11 and 12 certainly got an ear full of my Bunnymen blathering. "Why the hell would you bother listening to U2 when you've got a band like this? Bono is a dick!" I still believe Bono is a dick but i'm not 100% sure the Bunnymen sound is all that now. With the Stills (whatever happened to...) and Coldplay ripping off their sound so convincingly, its hard to believe that a present day version of my 16 year old self would have given a flying fuck. Perhaps i'd be all about Diddy or some shitty metal band who's singer's vocal range makes up all the sounds i forcefully produce while taking a crap.
Here's a little video of them in their heyday performing The Puppet...


Check out Simple Stuff by Echo And The Bunnymen
Check out Angels and Devils by Echo And The Bunnymen
Taken from the boxset Crystal Days : 1979-1999

No comments: