25.6.07

Jel Double Double


My good friend and occasionally picked on drummer Brian got me interested in this guy a few years back and i still enjoy those cut up beats. Having seen Jel perform with Subtle, its amazing hearing live MPC work with real drumming. I think that hitting pads is a greater substitute for a drum machine. I've played guitar and bass with a drum machine before and have had great success. However try adding a live drummer to the mix and it can start to sound a little strained. Busy.
Greenball is one of the best beats albums of the past ten years if not the best. Its not really high praise from me. I tend to be fairly easy going picking my favourites.
Oh and video...


Check out Sunday Night by Jel
Check out '98 At It's Finest by Jel
Taken from Greenball
Visit the Jel myspace page

No comments: