8.7.07

Week Of Rock : Day Seven


Giving some early closer to my "Week O Rawk", I can't think of a better ending than the Jesus And Mary Chain. Having seen them live in their prime changed me forever. I bought a guitar and formed my first band because of it. I traveled four hours to catch the gig in Montreal during their Automatic tour. Journeying a great distance for a concert at 18 seemed a little excessive but a friend easily convinced me this would be something i shouldn't miss. As we got to the show we happened upon the Reid brothers hitting up an arcade on the main drag. Completely surreal! I literally had my shoes blown off during the first song, only to wait until the place cleared out before i could retrieve them.
A great Bo Diddley cover...

Check out Who Do You Love by The Jesus And Mary Chain
Taken from Barbed Wire Kisses

No comments: