9.2.07

Who Is Clutchy Hopkins?


I'm always amazed when MF Doom hooks up with a beat maker (see Madlib, duh?) and comes up with his crazed flow. The guy can do no wrong. This time around he's hooked up with relatively unknown producer Clutchy Hopkins. Wikipedia has this to say about Clutchy : "Clutchy Hopkins is a multi-instrumentalist who recorded under various pseudonyms throughout his entire musical career; his recorded output consists of everything from field recordings of his travels to avant compositions, to jazz to funk." His full history is the stuff of a crackpot's wet dream. This collaboration is totally instrumental, no samples.

Update : I can't believe anyone actually reads my silly rants. I've been informed that this is not a collaboration but bootleg remixes. This would seem to make sense seeing as Clutchy has fallen off the face of the planet. I must say i find the whole back story of found recordings and his disappearance bit hard to swallow. It almost seems like a fabricated story to bring some attention to these recordings. Hopefully this doesn't piss off folks leaving irate comments. Just seems fishy is all.

Check out Track One by MF Doom Meets Clutchy Hopkins
Taken from MF Doom Meets Clutchy Hopkins
Visit Clutchy Hopkins myspace page

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a bootleg mix, doom did not work on this project.

Anonymous said...

ignorant, mis-informed post. like the above person said, these are bootleg remixes, not a collaboration.

Chilibean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am able to make link exchange with HIGH pr pages on related keywords like [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com]bad credit loans[/url] and other financial keywords.
My web page is www.usainstantpayday.com

If your page is important contact me.
please only good pages, wih PR>2 and related to financial keywords
Thanks
StalloffAdvof

Anonymous said...

"Virtuous what I used to be looking for and quite thoroughgoing as floor. Thank you for placard this, I noticed a yoke various associated posts but yours was the optimum to date. I outlook it stays updated, adore anxiety."

Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was totally
right. This put up actually made my day.
You can not believe just how so much time I had spent for this
information! Thank you!

Feel free to surf to my weblog ... Zahngold Preis